logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to debug: IE instead of IRL

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Tue Nov 29 04:51:05 GMT 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, WanMil wrote:

> > No, I don't use different name-tag-list values for different tiles.
> > And meanwhile I found out that the country abbreviation is always
> > the one from "--country-abbr=XYZ", independent of which value is
> > specified here. Since the island Ireland consists of two countrys,
> > the value is always wrong for both states. Between, only the
> > country Ireland is wrong, North-Irland is always correct.
>
> I am not sure if I understand you correct: Northern Ireland is always
> correct (which means abbrevation is GBR) whereas Republic of Ireland is
> always incorrect (which means abbreveation is the value of
> --country-abbr). Did you mean that?

Yes, that's what i mean.

> Anyhow you provided two error messages as examples. Both are located in
> the country Republic of Ireland.
> [...,mkgmap:admin_level2=IE,mkgmap:country=IE]
> [...,mkgmap:admin_level2=IRL,mkgmap:country=IRL]
>
> The first way shows the problem very good. The mkgmap:admin_level2 tag
> is set to IE, so there must be a precompiled boundary with the tags
> admin_level=2 and nameXXX=IE where nameXXX is one of the tags set by
> name-tag-list. I have searched the precompiled bounds of Oct 16th (you
> are using them?) but I couldn't find such a boundary so far. So at the
> moment I have no idea about the problem...

I could reproduce it with the precompiled bounds of July, August
and November.

> > The precompiled bounds are yours. Between, the latest world tar.gz
> > archive from November is broken, I always get CRC errors when trying
> > to unpack it.
>
> I have downloaded the world_bounds_20111106.tar.gz. I do not have
> problems unpacking it. I have used 7-zip to create the tar.gz. Maybe
> that causes a problem?

Yes, that's the problem. I used now 7-zip, too, and with that,
I could extract the file without problem. gunzip didn't worked,
even if the archive claims to be "gzip compressed data".

  Thorsten