logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Location not working in trunk default style

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Nov 25 20:18:24 GMT 2011

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 07:12:51PM +0000, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
>First in the particular case of location, address and perhaps access
>tags I think that they should be separate file(s).  The very fact that
>the same rules are repeated in lines, points and polygons, strongly
>indicates that they should be separated.  They could be placed in one
>file, which would be used by each of the different geometry types.

I agree, one file for these should be enough. I did not quite follow you
regarding access tags. They do not matter for polygons, do they? For
points, they can matter with link-pois-to-ways, which implements access
restrictions based on nearby nodes that carry access tags.

>Second, perhaps there is a need for two commands include-before and
>include-after which allow you to do the inclusion either way as
>appropriate for the situation.

Could we have something similar to the #include and #undef in the C
preprocessor? For #undef (or whatever it will be called), an example
would be a style that is derived from the default style but removes the
lines rules for power=line and man_made=*.

Last, given the current breakage in trunk (sorry, I failed to notice
it), I guess that we should we have a separate branch for refactoring
the default style and the substyle handling.

Best regards,

	Marko