logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 2 question about --gmapsupp

From g0ldfish e-blu at gmx.net on Wed Nov 23 12:28:05 GMT 2011

Ok, I'm less experienced than many other users around here, but I'll give it
a try anyway (to be corrected if necessary):

1. IMHO this is not yet possible directly. You would have to generate the
mapset with --index, load the it into Mapsource (would Basecamp work, too? I
haven't used that one so I don't know) and sent it to your device from there
to get a gmapsupp.img with working search index.

2. I'm not sure, have you tried to set family-name or series-name to
something else? Or is it the name /number of the overview map you are trying
to set?