logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing on new devices

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Mon Nov 21 18:48:24 GMT 2011

Your testing rubbish, sorry to say so.

mkgmap:carpool is more or less equal to access=no; it should actually
never be implemented in a map, as it mainly causes trouble, there is not
proper use for it.

destination and no should be handled equally by mkgmap, Garmin only
knows no or yes. So if destination blocks something for you that mkgmap
doesn't, recheck for errors with gpsmapedit what actually happened.
Cause if destination is handled like no by mkgmap (which would be the
correct way, cause garmin handles no like destination is defined by osm,
while no doesn't exist ( only insofar as making a road not routable at
all) differently, either you or mkgmap do something wrong.