logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Short mkgmap HowTo

From Steve Hosgood steve at stoneship.org.uk on Wed Nov 16 10:42:20 GMT 2011

On 2011-07-30 13:41, WanMil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a short HowTo in the wiki for first time users:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/How_to_create_a_map

A suggestion for an addition to this page:

Please put in details of how to get MapSource to install at all! I tried
to install 6.16.3 on my Vista box, but all I got was a message "Previous
MapSource not found! Setup will terminate".

Which it did! Leaving me with no MapSource. I'm eager to have a play
with it in order to get the address-search stuff working (and maybe to
find out how to do that independently) but obviously I need a usable
MapSource in the first place.

Any ideas please?
Steve