logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Typ file compiler

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Nov 13 14:26:06 GMT 2011

On 12/11/11 19:00, n Willink wrote:
> Wine will do the trick ;) You may need to run  setup.exe first if TYPWiz
> doesn't run first time.

Ah, OK. I ran it and it put up a blue screen without any dialogues, but
I hit return a number of times and the dialogue boxes briefly appeared
and it completed.  Then typwiz ran fine.

> I think the basic issue is :
>
> 1) how to create a txt file which incorporates   Garmin's recent
> developments, ie POIs with sizes>32*32

OK I'm beginning to see where the problems are now that I have completed
the first stage of the compiler.

I'll take a look at the format that typwiz produces for those extensions.

> 2) how to ensure a TYP file rendering is not hindered by spurious characters
>
> I've noticed how sensitive some editors are towards the XPM line&  the
> bitmap that follows - a space in the wrong place or an additional
> carriagiage return / comment  throws them completely .

The way its written is almost completely insensitive to new lines and
spaces. In fact I had the opposite problem, in an XPM definition a space
at the beginning is significant.

..Steve