logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Typ file compiler

From n Willink nw at pinns.co.uk on Sun Nov 13 08:13:59 GMT 2011

I've had closer look at the default style and here are a few more
observations:

The 'code' seems fairly standard and not controversial

Polylines:
 ie 0x11

LineWidth=3
Xpm="0 0 2 0"
"1 c #BDCAB4"
"2 c #414141"

No borderwidth has been declared and presumably it is set to 1 as the line
contains 2 colours.

Presumably if both linewidths and borderwidth are left out they both are set
to 1

Perhaps it is pedantic to always insist on both being mentioned when dealing
with non bitmap lines.

Roundabout
Type=0x0c
UseOrientation=N
Xpm="32 1 2  1"
"! c #000000"
"  c none"
"                                "

 This is rendered as 'transparent' ; presumably the other colour was meant
as a border?
However, as we're dealing with a bitmap line it does seem most unusual for
the above to mean:

Type=0x0c
UseOrientation=N
Xpm="32 1 2  1"
"! c #000000"
"  c none"
"000000000000000000"
"                                "
"000000000000000000"

POIs

[_point]
Type=0x02c
SubType=0x06
String1=0x04,park
DayXpm="24 24 2 1"   Colormode=16
"!?  c #FFFFFF"
"  ?  c none"
etc

Again, this point will not be visible, but perhaps that was the initial
intention?

Finally , how are night versions of  POIs going to be represented?
I tend to favour  NightXpms to follow DayXpms