logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap and bicycle routing

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Nov 7 09:03:28 GMT 2011

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 09:50:13AM +0100, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
>Here is the one liner which fixes all of my routing problems I was
>aware of. I still think we should apply it, since we check already for
>3 out of 4 cases and handling this in the style file for all cases is
>pretty complex if next to impossible.

I agree that it makes sense to extend the check inside the code.

Olaf Hasemann has a point that processing should move to the style rules
to the extent possible. One thing that we could do is add an indirection
to the mkgmap:* name space, e.g., mkgmap:access:V=yes/no/destination for
V={foot,bicycle,car,taxi,emergency}. But, I am not sure if it is worth
the effort here. Maybe it would be for those map builders who repurpose
some of the Garmin access bits for something else.

Let us wait a couple of days for the dispute to settle. For now, r2067
tries to address this in the default style.

Best regards,

	Marko