logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap and bicycle routing

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Mon Nov 7 08:29:24 GMT 2011

On Mon, Nov 07, Olaf Hasemann wrote:

> Sorry, but i oppose  commiting this 'fix' which IMO is a bug.
> Do not add more semantic intepretation to the hardcoded part
> of mkmap.  Instead write a stylefile rule that reflects to only one
> value in the code above. This is not a workaround, this is the
> better and cleaner way.

I disagree for several reasons:
- the code handles already 3 out of four values and not one as you
  claim
- You have to duplicate and sync the lines for every file, which is
  known to be error prone, makes the style file unreadable and more
  complex than necessary.
- It's next to impossible to write style file rules for all cases,
  since you need to list all cases. We don't have the problem only
  with bicycle, but with all other access keys, too.

  Thorsten