logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap and bicycle routing

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Sun Nov 6 10:52:47 GMT 2011

On Sat, Nov 05, Minko wrote:

> Thorsten,
> Can you test your routing with my openfietsmap Germany?

I'm currently downloading it.

> I understand I use different styles but bicycle official and path are also set to highway=cycleway.
> I dont see any routing errors here in Mapsource, Basecamp or GPS (Dakota).
> So the error could be in your styles or in the GPS firmware and not in mkgmap.

It cannot be the GPS firmware, but I think it is a mkgmap bug:

>From ./src/uk/me/parabola/mkgmap/osmstyle/StyledConverter.java:
        protected boolean accessExplicitlyAllowed(String val) {
                if (val == null)
                        return false;

                return (val.equalsIgnoreCase("yes") ||
                        val.equalsIgnoreCase("designated") ||
                        val.equalsIgnoreCase("permissive"));
        }

mkgmap does not know about "official", but as far as I understand
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:access%3Dofficial we should
handle it in the same way as "yes".

I will try now a patched mkgmap. But as workaround setting
bicycle=official to bicycle=yes in the style file should fix
the routing problems, too.

  Thorsten