logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] value (string) handling via style file

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Thu Nov 3 16:31:04 GMT 2011

Moin,

I want to do some modifications of the tag-values via the style file. I know
this has been a topic here before, but I can not find the neccessary hints right
know.

- How can I check the first character of the value in a style file? (I want to
detect whether the first character is a minus sign "-".)

- How can I check the last character of the value in a style file? (incline
allows either "%" or "°")

- How can I remove the first character of the value in a style file? ("-5%" -> "5%")

- How can I check, whether a character is numeric? (in [0..9])

Can anybody help me?

Gruss
Torsten

PS: The definition of the incline tag is really a nightmare for automated
evaluation.