logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap ignores --country-abbr?

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Oct 30 12:18:26 GMT 2011

> Hi WanMil,
>
> Thank you for the explanation. Your patch did not make any difference:
> as far as I can see, all places in the problematic tile were still being
> assigned to Russia, except Rääkkylä, to which I added addr:country=FI.
>
> I did not add any addr:region or addr:city information. Some places in
> Russia do carry all of addr:city, addr:country, addr:region. Do all
> these have to be set in order to have a place copied to the "known
> places" list?

Yes. This is an old behaviour of the Locator implementation. While
integrating the precompiled bounds I slightly changed (fixed) the
Locator implementation but I think this remained unchanged.
Anyhow I don't mind replacing this with a better implementation. If you
post some better rules I might start implementing that.
If you want to have a look at the source code yourself check the Locator
class.