logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap ignores --country-abbr?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Oct 29 16:46:06 BST 2011

Hi WanMil,

In the Geofabrik finland.osm.pbf there are a few Russian place=*. Some
of these carry addr:country=RUS.

I am invoking mkgmap (among others) with the following options:

--country-abbr=FIN --country-name=Finland --location-autofill=nearest

I am not using any bounds information. You can see the full invocation
in http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/files/osm2img.sh

In the tile for southeast Finland (63240007.osm.pbf), many if not all
places are now displaying as RUS instead of FIN. I added addr:country=FI
to Rääkkylä, and it now correctly shows FIN. Before that change, all
place=* in that tile had either no addr:country or had addr:country=RU.

Is it so that --location-autofill=nearest somehow overrides
--country-abbr and --country-name? I would expect all place=* that lack
addr:country to get an implicit addr:country=FI when I specify
--country-abbr=FIN. In that way, the worst thing that would happen is
that my map of Finland would have some Russian places (which are located
very close to the border and are lacking addr:country=RU) incorrectly
displaying as FIN instead of RUS.

Best regards,

	Marko