logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gmapsupp visible in Basecamp

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Thu Oct 27 21:50:45 BST 2011

I've found another advantage of making a gmapsupp.img visible in Basecamp:

If your map consists of many layers, like contours, bike routes and so on, it was not possible to show them in one map in Mapsource (if those layers had different FID/PID)
Now you can send all mapsets with Mapsource (or Mapinstall) to a SD card and see the resulting gmapsupp.img as one map in Basecamp (after you have reset the MS flag to zero).

I tested it out with two mapsets of the Openfietsmap, Benelux and Germany.
The description is here: http://sites.google.com/site/openfietsmap/tips-tricks/bnlplusde-eng

The basemap, Global Application Basemap v2.gmap remains an issue. It is visible underneath the osm map, but this can be replaced:
http://www.javawa.nl/gpskaart.html (in Dutch)

With javawa's alternative gmap (at least on my computer) the maps are not routable anymore, but others don't have this issue.
Looking forward to see your opinions.