logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter memory usage

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Oct 27 10:56:15 BST 2011

Hello list,

since a few days I try to understand the idea of the class
SparseInt2ShortMapInline in splitter because this seems to waste memory
although it is documented to save it. If I got this right, the amount of
needed memory directly depends on the highest id that is saved, thus for
example the data for a small country like german "bundesland" saarland (from
geofabrik) is not processed with
java -Xmx700 -jar splitter.jar --max-areas=2 --max-nodes=200000
e:\dwnload\saarland.osm.pbf
I tried that with R181 and R180.
The program runs without problems when I change the code so that
SparseInt2ShortMultiMap always uses Int2ShortOpenHashMap and not
SparseInt2ShortMapInline.
Was this code optimized for a special input (e.g.with small id values) ?

ciao,