logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] missing tiles

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Mon Oct 24 18:08:32 BST 2011

> FYI:
> On the forum.openstreetmap.org there are a number of reports of missing tiles that appears on some GPS units.
>
> http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=14140
> http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=13826 (Dutch)
>
> Screenshot:
> http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3778/weggevallen.png
>
> Hard resetting the unit does not seem to help.
> Those empty tiles are not there when compiling the map with mkgmap r2012
> but it is noticed on versions after 2042.
>
> Any ideas?

Hi Minko,

I have had a look at the changes between r2012 and r2042.
The only change that looks suspect to be able to produce holes is r2028
which performs a little change in the subdivision creation.
So I created a mkgmap r2052 with reverting r2028:
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/detail/38.

Can you (and maybe also pepole reporting the problem on the OSM forum)
try that and report if the holes disappear?
When using this mkgmap do you have subdivison errors in the logfile?

WanMil