logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2050: Add option pois-to-area-placement to configure the placement of POIs created from areas

From Chris66 chris66nrw at gmx.de on Fri Oct 21 14:08:21 BST 2011

Am 21.10.2011 12:01, schrieb Olaf Hasemann:

> Did you add quotes from the command line (which prevent shell interpretation)
> to the argument file, or was the help text confusing?

Yes, maybe I misunderstood the help text:

--pois-to-areas-placement[=taglist]
    A semicolon separated list of tag=value definitions. A POI is
    placed at the first
    node of the polygon tagged with the first tag/value pair. If none
    of the nodes are
    tagged with the first tag-value pair the first node tagged with
    the  second tag-value pair is used and so on. If none of the
    tag-value pairs matches or the taglist is empty
    the center of the polygon is used. It is possible to define
    wildcards for tag values like entrance=*.
    Default: entrance=main;entrance=yes;building=entrance

Which I interpreted in this (obviously wrong) sense :

If the option is missing, POI is placed in the middle of the polygon

If the option is set, POI is placed at a node which can be defined
by the tag-list. If tag-list is missing, use default tag list

So, as I learned now:

The default is used if the pois-to-areas-placement option is completely
missing.

Chris