logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing with the eTrex 30

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Wed Oct 19 08:32:38 BST 2011

Thorsten,
Is that map made with the default styles?
I wonder how your route will be on my cyclemap Openfietsmap Germany,
http://tinyurl.com/openfietsmap-de
On my maps I gave the cycleways and bikeroutes the highest class (so don't use
avoid highways) and I gave roads which have bicycle=no a non routable line.

You can download it or send me a gpx file from this route so I can test it
on a Dakota.

Thorsten wrote:
That's my feeling, too. With the latest firmwares, my GPSmap62
avoids cycleways, even if in bicycle mode. Which leads to suggestions
for a 10km route as "fastest", even if there is a direct cycleway
4km shorter and 15 minutes faster. In shortest mode it prefers the
hiking track beside ...