logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bizarre flooding in South Wales

From Steve Hosgood steve at stoneship.org.uk on Mon Oct 10 16:32:47 BST 2011

On 2011-10-10 13:50, Bartosz Fabianowski wrote:
> You can try the following:
>
> Download the European coastline file from [1] with the same time stamp
> as your input pbf and pass it to mkgmap via the --coastlinefile
> option. If this fixes the flooding, you are suffering from the same
> problem that I keep running into - the coastline fails to reach some
> of the tile boundaries.
>
> - Bartosz
>
> [1] http://fabianowski.eu/osm/coastlines/

Thank you Bartosz.
So I loaded europe-111004, but I got the following very strange message:

Warning: using default sort
SEVERE (CoastlineFileLoader): ./coastlines_europe-111004.osm.pbf:
Coastline file  not found.
SEVERE (LocationHook): ./coastlines_europe-111004.osm.pbf: Disable
LocationHook because boundary directory does not exist. Dir: bounds
SEVERE (LocationHook): 63240001.osm.pbf: Disable LocationHook because
boundary directory does not exist. Dir: bounds
SEVERE (LocationHook): 63240002.osm.pbf: Disable LocationHook because
boundary directory does not exist. Dir: bounds
SEVERE (LocationHook): 63240001.osm.pbf: Disable LocationHook because
boundary directory does not exist. Dir: bounds
SEVERE (LocationHook): 63240002.osm.pbf: Disable LocationHook because
boundary directory does not exist. Dir: bounds
Warning: using default sort
bash-4.1$

The result of this is that I get no sea at all!

Hey - at least the flooding has gone! :-)

I have no idea why mkgmap makes the claim
"coastlines_europe-111004.osm.pbf: Coastline file  not found." The file
is most certainly there. I have tried it as
"./coastlines_europe-111004.osm.pbf" and as just plain vanilla
"coastlines_europe-111004.osm.pbf".

Same problem both ways. This was with mkgmap r2045.
I think I was getting the "Disable LocationHook ...." error message
originally, i.e. without the --coastlinefile param.

Steve