logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Partially not findable street

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Sep 29 22:32:03 BST 2011

> Hi Martin
>
>> unfortunately I have deleted all the files, but I have created them
>> again with the geofabrik-datas from today.
>> Search for the Engelbertusstraße works:
>> http://snailrun.de/59.zip
>> Didn't work:
>> http://snailrun.de/56789.zip
>
> Thanks very much. I believe I found the problem (or at least a problem).
> Could you try out the attached patch please?
>
> In the mdr20 section the streets were being sorted not just by city
> name, but also by map number. So it was looking like this:
>
> APPLE STREET
> ZOO ROAD
> BEE ROAD
> ZEBRA ROAD
>
> with Apple and Bee in the same city but different maps, instead of like
> this:
>
> APPLE STREET
> BEE ROAD
> ZEBRA ROAD
> ZOO ROAD
>
> I previously suggested that the city being in three tiles rather than
> two might have been a problem, but I believe that was not particularly
> relevant.
> I think that some streets will be un-findable whenever a city falls
> across more than one tile.
>
>> How can I read the the different mdr-tables?
>
> In the display project (code at http://svn.mkgmap.org.uk/display/trunk)
> there are a number of utilities that display various aspects of
> the file.
>
> test.display.MdrDisplay
> displays the structure of an MDR file
> This is reliable since it prints out exactly what is in the file,
> but the interpretation of mdr files that are contained within
> gmapsup.img files may be incomplete or incorrect.
>
> Pass the name of the file that is or contains an MDR file.
> Followed by numbers if you want to limit the sections that are
> printed.
>
> test.display.MdrCheck
> reads an MDR file and the associated .img files that it was
> created from. It cross checks the data between the index and the
> img files and prints in a form that shows the meaning rather than
> the literal layout of the file.
> It can be mis-leading since I just add to it when needed and some
> changes I have made to mkgmap are not reflected in this code.
> So some of the errors it prints are not errors.
>
> Pass the name of a file (an MDR file, xxx_mdr.img or gmapsupp.img)
> Followed by options: --print 5,7 to just print sections 5 and 7
> --errors to just print the errors.
>
> ..Steve

The patch works great! I tested Germany and found all my testcases which
didn't work before.

I also tried to compile a complete europe map but 3g memory wasn't
enough to create the mdr file. I've seen that you committed a low memory
variant in the index-memory branch but that ended with a 227mb big
img9136486325470304255.tmp temporary file and without any error message.

WanMil