logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Too many pois on multipolygon areas

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Wed Sep 28 17:09:45 BST 2011

WanMil schrieb am 27.09.2011 23:28:
> Do I understand you correct?: The polygons style should be used for
> polygons created by mp processing but only one POI should be created for
> the whole multipolygon and not one for each mp created polygon.

I think, we are in agreement here:

1. A mp-relation is converted into multiple single polygons to be used by the
polygon style processing.

and now your suggestion (as I understand it):

2. Additionally a single POI is created for the whole mp-relation, with all the
tags from the relation plus a mkgmap:poly2poi=true

What I wanted to point out:
If you are now creating POIs from the areas, you have to make sure in your style
files, that you do not get additional POIs from the polygons created in step one.

Gruss
Torsten