logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter insists on the "right" filename when processing pbf data

From Michael Prinzing mipri at gmx.net on Thu Sep 22 23:43:19 BST 2011

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 21:58:31 +0100, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

Hello Steve,

>> After renaming the file to data.osm.pbf, it works.
>>
>> Is this intended? Why is the .osm part needed?
>
>Just because .osm.pbf is the "official" extension name. It can easily be
>changed to just .pbf. I can't think of any reason why not, can anyone?

Of course, it also would be ok if the splitter would abort with a
message like "unknown filename extension". But the message it is
currently printing when reading a pbf without .osm part ("only
whitespace content allowed before start tag and not \u0 (position:
START_DOCUMENT seen \u0... at 1:1)") is not really helpful if the only
problem is the missing '.osm' in the filename.

Michael