logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Name of boundarys

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Sep 19 20:25:24 BST 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 09:14:45PM +0200, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 19, Minko wrote:
>
>>You can take a look on my maps and my style files, I still see
>>multiple names at the boundaries.
>>
>>In the relation file I have this rule
>
>Thanks, that's working fine for me, too.

As you both seem to be based in Germany and Germany has good coverage of
boundary=administrative, do you see a need for the multipolygon
processing of boundaries?

My understanding is that multipolygon processing only makes sense when
there are polygon style rules for the multipolygon members. For
boundaries, there typically are no polygon rules. If there are, they
would be very specific (such as, draw a polygon for a particular area).

	Marko