logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Name of boundarys

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Mon Sep 19 10:08:59 BST 2011

Hi,

currently my maps have only the name of one country for the
boundary. I wanted to change that so that the names of both
countrys are used and added following rules from the default
style:

relations:
(type=boundary | type=multipolygon) & boundary=administrative & name=*
{ apply
  {
    set mkgmap:boundary_name='$(mkgmap:boundary_name)/${name}' | '${name}';
  }
}

lines:
boundary=administrative { name '${mkgmap:boundary_name}' }
boundary=administrative & admin_level<3 [0x1e level 5]
boundary=administrative & admin_level<5 [0x1d level 4]

or alternative in lines:

(boundary=administrative & admin_level=2) | boundary=national
        { name '${mkgmap:boundary_name}' }      [0x1e level 5 continue]
boundary=administrative & admin_level=4
        { name '${mkgmap:boundary_name}' }      [0x1d level 4 continue]

But for some reasons this rules don't have any affect on the
name of the boundarys.
I looked at other OSM maps using the same/similar rules, and it looks
like they all have the same problem, I don't see it working anywhere.

What is wrong with that rules? Similar rules (but without mkgmap:)
works fine for other releations like public transport.

 Thanks,
   Thorsten