logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] polygon splitting/more than 255 polygons errors

From Richard rz at linux-m68k.org on Fri Sep 2 19:26:32 BST 2011

Hi,

> > I have recently downloaded some mkgmap generated maps that produce this error when displayed
> > in navit:
> > :garmin_obj.c:1279:1|:Error more than 255 polygons/lines in a subdiv are not supported
>
> This does not look like an mkgmap problem to me. Reading the error
> message I assume that navit does not support subdivisions containing
> more than 255 polygons + lines. But as far as I know there is no such a
> limit for garmin devices.

looks like the message comes from libgarmin. If you think its an error in libgarmin
I will have a look at that.

> There is a first version of the patch (see
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2011q2/011818.html) but
> some things are not fixed in it.

if possible recommend me some nightly snapshot or similar which I could test.

> > Tried to reporduce the issue it with mkgmap-r2009 and attached test data, I get neither
> > the above error but the object (the Altenburg in Bamberg) isn't displayed either.
>
> Can you please how you created your map?
> 1. Where did you get your data from?
> 2. Did you use splitter and which splitter settings do you use?
> 3. Please send your complete mkgmap parameters.

I got the data as
  http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/map?bbox=10.866503,49.878919,10.871985,49.882034
here for viewing
  http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=49.880477&lon=10.869244&zoom=18&layers=M

downloaded to "map-altenburg-only.osm.xml" and
 mkgmap map-altenburg-only.osm.xml

The resulting image (mkgmap-r2009) does no longer produce the visible error
message but the castle isn't visible either.

Richard

---
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers