logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Coastline issues - analysis and possible solution

From Bartosz Fabianowski bartosz at fabianowski.eu on Mon Aug 29 20:16:27 BST 2011

I have just uploaded today's coastlines_europe.osm.pbf. The time stamp
matches the europe.osm.pbf file that this was created from.

Right now, I still need to manually upload and fiddle with the
timestamps. I am switching to a better hosting setup in a couple of days
that will allow me to fully automate this.

> If you have the disk space, you might also keep N latest coastline
> extracts, so that when the coastline gets broken somewhere, a
> work-around of using an older extract exists.

Good idea. I renamed the old extract and kept it around. I have 50GB of
disk space, so I can keep a lot of extracts around.

- Bartosz