logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Coastline issues - analysis and possible solution

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Mon Aug 29 20:06:59 BST 2011

>> Boundary extracts could be nice too, but I suppose that the Geofabrik
>> country extracts already include all the boundary=administrative
>> lines of the country.
>
> This is an interesting point. The boundary files seem to be updated
> about once a month right now. If there is interest in such boundary
> extracts, I could see what I can do on our servers.
>
> - Bartosz

Up to now I have created and uploaded the boundary files manually once a
month. An "automatic" service for this would be better.
But: Each time I have created these extracts I have found several
country borders that have been broken. So I repaired them before
creating the same stuff again and ensured that the boundary extracts
were uploaded only if the country information was complete.

Regaring Geofabriks dumps: The europe dump does not contain the complete
spanish border because some parts are in africa and they wanted to have
continent specific dumps.
Therefore I create my boundary extracts from a planet file, split it
into 5 areas (america (north & south), africa, europe asia and
australia-oceania), compile the boundary extracts and merge them
afterwards.
If you are interested I can send you the steps more in detail (with
.poly files).

WanMil