logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing - Documentation and Best Practice

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Tue Aug 23 10:01:45 BST 2011

Hi Chris,
Finally I managed to get the avoidance of steps working with mkgmap:unpaved=1
I had to move it to the front of the action block.

This rule didn't work for me in Basecamp (altough it worked in Mapsource!):
highway=steps {add access = no; add foot = yes; set mkgmap:unpaved=1} [0x13 road_class=0 road_speed=0 resolution 24]

Probably because the access rules were ignored by Basecamp, but I dont have a clue how.

Finally this worked out:

highway=steps {set mkgmap:unpaved=1; add access = no; add foot = yes} [0x13 road_class=0 road_speed=0 resolution 24]

With this rule routing will avoid steps if the unpaved roads are avoided. If this box is not check marked, the route takes the steps no matter what the road selection is.
In Mapsource this never happens. I'm also thinking to put mkgmap:unpaved=1 on footways, paths and pedestrian highways (if tagged with bicycle=no) to avoid those roads, even they are paved.