logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing - Documentation and Best Practice

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Aug 22 11:24:54 BST 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 03:08:42AM -0700, toc-rox wrote:
>Thanks for the response - I have something like this:
>

>highway = path     & foot = designated  {set highway = fussweg}
>highway = footway  & foot = designated  {set highway = fussweg}
># Routing (nur Fussgaenger zulassen)
>highway = fussweg {add access = no; add foot = yes}
>highway = fussweg [0x16 road_class=0 road_speed=0 resolution 24 continue]
>
># Bruecken / Tunnel
>highway = fussweg & bridge = yes [0x01040b resolution 24 continue]
>highway = fussweg & tunnel = yes [0x01040c resolution 24 continue]
>
># Zoom-Out -1
>highway = fussweg [0x010e05 resolution 23]
>

>My problem (tested on BaseCamp OS X and Dakota-20 Firmware 4.30) is:
>Motorcars and bicycles aren't avoided from routing.
>Peculiar: Disabling "carpool" has influence on the routing.

What is the calculated route like? Is this way the first or last portion
of the route, or is this the only way to the destination? If yes, then
this could be a Garmin feature that has been mentioned quite a few times
in the past. If the routing directions said "get out of the vehicle and
walk", it would be less confusing.

Minko's explanation looks plausible too.

I don't think it will be long until Garmin gets obsoleted by some
Android devices. The Edge series could almost have a replacement in the
upcoming SonyEricsson Xperia Active, if the software options are
satisfactory. The hardware sounds good: support for ANT+Sport sensors
and a rugged, replaceable case. This is just an impression I got without
having actually used any Android devices yet.

Best regards,

	Marko