logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to track an error in OSM data ? (and style's behavior, error) (David)

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Mon Aug 1 20:38:38 BST 2011

David,

> To Chris and Wanmill,
>
> I know the need to add "continue" rule to apply the next filter on data.
> But the fact is it does not seem to work as expected at least with
> "landuse=forest" and "natural=wood" with Ireland PBF file (splitted with
> splitter r2009 and compiled with mkgmap r2009). I do not have any clue,
> only a temporary solution.

Please send your style file and describe more detailed what's wrong with
the map. What do you expect and what do you see instead?

> But the biggest trouble is still the corrupted map generated for
> Northern Ireland around Belfast with a huge commercial area polygon
> displayed in levels 0 and 1. Basecamp can display the map without any
> problem at all zoom and detail levels. My first idea was an error in OSM
> file, but I cannot find bad data. It looks like a bad result with early
> generate-sea option development (at least one year ago).

Important: how do you split your OSM data. Do you use the tile splitter
or do you use any other method like osmosis or the OSM composer?

Please follow Torsten Leistikows hint how to find the OSM id of the
wrong polygon. If this is a multipolygon you will get non OSM ids >
4611686018427387904.

WanMil