logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to track an error in OSM data ? (and style's behavior error)

From David david.tlp at orange.fr on Sat Jul 30 23:16:21 BST 2011

Hello,

I compiled r2009 with PBF format support and when I compile (with r2008
& r2009) Ireland PBF data from geofabrik I have a corrupted map at high
detailed level (24) in Basecamp. The problem occurs with at least one
"commercial" polygon in Belfast area. Some huge polygon are displayed
above land and some sea parts. Do you know how I could find the bad
polygon in source data (in OSM format, it is far more easier to read it
with human eyes) ? Or is it a bug well defined ?

I also found an error in a style file for forest polygons. You have to
write the rules like this if you want the result expected :

landuse=forest & wood=coniferous [0x54 resolution 18]
landuse=forest & wood=decideous [0x50 resolution 18]
landuse=forest & wood=mixed [0x55 resolution 18]
landuse=forest & wood !=* [0x50 resolution 18] /*this line is applied if
no data matches the ones above*/

and not like that :

landuse=forest & wood=coniferous [0x54 resolution 18]
landuse=forest & wood=decideous [0x50 resolution 18]
landuse=forest & wood=mixed [0x55 resolution 18]
landuse=forest [0x50 resolution 18]/*this line overrides the ones above*/

David

PS : well done with country/administrative data.