logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question about splitter and ways going in and out of a tile

From Jean-Pierre Flori jpflori at gmail.com on Thu Jul 28 22:15:07 BST 2011

Dear all,

I'm currently building a contour map for france and spain from srtm
data (with strm2osm or gdal tools).
I'd like to use splitter to divide the huge osm file I produced.
However I've got a problem with contour lines getting in and out of  a
tile and any help would be appreciated.
I've tried to split similar tiles with osmosis and think the behavior
in splitter is the same as in Osmosis with (or without anyway)
clipIncompleteEntities.
Ie when the way is written to a given tile, the nodes outside of the
tile are dismissed.
But now the way has a straight line between the point where the way
gets out of the tile to the point where it gets back in.
I managed to modify Osmosis so that it splits the way into different
parts (just adding a somewhat random value to the way id, so that it
does not collide with other ids), rather than writing a unique way
with outside nodes dismissed.
I'd like to know how splitter writes the ways into the different tiles
and where to look in the source code so that I can easily modify the
code and implement a similar behavior.

Regards,

--
Jean-Pierre Flori