logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Map installation problem from r1971 onward

From Martin mkmap at snailrun.de on Tue Jul 26 16:45:22 BST 2011

Hey Cliff,

have you tried the last version of mkgmap. I remember some problems, coming with r1971 or so. But with the last version (r2008) it should work.
I use the locator-option (written by WanMil) and it works very good (see next mail on the list). If you have good admin-boundaries in ireland, you should think about to use the locator-option.
I would suggest to use the latest splitter-version, so you get pbf-files (smaller and also a little bit faster).
Don't forget to change it in the mkgmap options from ./6*.osm.gz to ./6*.osm.pbf

Cheers,
Martin