logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Resolution/level range, rendering parallel routes

From Jiri Klement jiri.klement at gmail.com on Tue Jul 19 18:46:20 BST 2011

Hi,

[1] says that resolution or level range is not supported but in fact
it works (tested on gpsmap 62s). It only needs to be written in
opposite order (ie 3-1 instead of 1-3). Can you please change it so it
works in both ways? It's really a minor issue but it should make it a
bit easier for beginners :-)

I need resolution range to render parallel hiking routes, like in [2]
or in josm plugin routes. Lines for different routes needs to be
offset by the same number of pixels in every zoom level so I'm going
to generate osm file, that will for every zoom level contain all
routes (with different offset that will translate to the same pixel
distance).

Before I start, is there any easier way to do this in mkgmap? If not,
do you think it's useful enough to get it integrated into mkgmap? So
I'll try to make mkgmap patch instead of osm file generator...

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/help/style_rules
[2] http://www.mapy.cz/#x=12.851828&y=49.361801&z=12&l=2&c=c-t

--
Jiri Klement