logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] A few default stylesheet tweaks

From Lambertus osm at na1400.info on Mon Jul 18 22:02:07 BST 2011

On 18-07-11 18:56, Rich wrote:
> On 07/18/11 19:46, Lambertus wrote:
>> Hello list, Marko,
>>
>> Would it be possible that the default stylesheet does not show:
>>
>> - Admin levels 8, 9, 10 (admin_level=)
>> - Communication (GSM/Broadband) towers (type=communication)
>> - Powerlines (power=line)
> latter two are fairly good for navigating on the countryside

Hmm, isn't that what the GPS is for? :p

In urban areas the communication towers totally overrule everything else
on the map. Personally this more then nullifies the benefit in the
countryside. The powerlines distract from the rest of the map but to a
lesser extent so I can live with that. I received multiple reports from
people arguing that the higher admin levels confuse them as they are
prominently displayed, but I'll propose a compromise to not showing only
9 and 10 if 8 is deemed useful. :-)

Currently I'm pre-filtering these things before feeding the data into
splitter but the admin levels are used in the new address search version
and some of these polygons are used for roads as well and disappear from
the map when the polygon is pre-filtered out. Perhaps there is another
solution for this? E.g. renaming admin levels to something else, or
duplicate ways which have other tags?