logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Merge locator branch back to trunk

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Mon Jul 18 19:41:17 BST 2011

Well I still don't like the results, but if it's fully optional and the
old behaviour still possible, then go for it. For me the city branch is
much more important (and for what I can see correct).

Best improvement overall however would be true addresses with street
number support. Everyone I spoke to about improvements to mkgmap on the
State of the Map EU last few days, is waiting for this feature. If it
were in mkgmap, I'm sure in say 3-4 months we will have the first big
cities in Europe 80-90% housenumber complete (some are already at
30-40%). Also depending on how it's implemented, it would give
certainity to mappers on how to map addresses (like is the current
tagging really implementable)