logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Using exit refs in routing directions

From Nakor Osm nakor.osm at gmail.com on Thu Jul 14 15:11:12 BST 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Felix Hartmann <extremecarver at gmail.com>wrote:

> For me (with my style), ramps do work with the name of the next street
> segment behind.

This has been a problem to me. Here it is not uncommon that the ramp will
use a few yards of another street before getting to the actual street with
the name of the exit.

E.g. if you look at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.35119&lon=-83.04703&zoom=17&layers=Mdriving
south on I-75 and having to exit at exit 52. With default style you
get "Exit to Hastings Street" nevertheless that exit is signed "52 - Mack
Avenue"

It would be good indeed to have a mechanism to use motorway_junction
name/exit_to and ref in the guidance text.