logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index and equally named cities

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Jul 8 21:56:47 BST 2011

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 02:49:17PM +0200, Martin wrote:
>Hello Marko,
>
>thanks for your help:
>I would like to merge locator with the city-region-branch.
>Using your steps, I see, that Steve made the branch from 1979, or?!
>
>r1980 | steve | 2011-07-01 15:30:57 +0200 (Fre, 01. Jul 2011) | 2 Zeilen
>
>Create branch for city/region problem fix

Subversion revision numbers are repository-wide. The common practice is
that the repository contains subdirectories, such as "trunk" and
"branches/locator".

>So, now, that I know how I can download different versions (tried 1973
>and 1979), I tried to make a patch with
>diff -r -u mkgmap-city newtrunk > patch1

"svn merge" should do that in a more intelligent way, resolving
conflicts and taking into account renamed files.

I took a look at the output of "svn diff", and I do not see any
reference to BlockInputStream there. So, I guess that "ant dist" should
fail even in the unmodified locator branch. Sure enough, I can repeat
the build error after "svn revert -R ."

Now I remember that I had a little tweak in my
mkgmap/external.properties, replacing jars=/opt/jars with a different
path. When I tweak that, the locator branch builds for me. The jars
directory must contain the following:

/opt/jars/osmprotobuf/osmprotobuf.jar
/opt/jars/protobuf-2.3.0/protobuf.jar

On my system, these point to the following files:

osmosis-0.37/lib/default/osmbin-1.0-6d760534.jar
osmosis-0.37/lib/default/protobuf-java-2.3.0.jar

>So any idea what's wrong?!

Just follow the steps that I posted earlier, but make sure that the jar
files are available.

Best regards,

	Marko