logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] unused polygons hexes

From maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com on Fri Jul 8 15:02:15 BST 2011

A lot of POIs are being converted to polygons these days because of
hires imagery.  For my map I'm mostly interested to just show it as a
point.  The add-poi-to-areas switch is very helpful.  However, I'm
running out of possible hex to assign the polygon.

Any advise on the unused hex we can recycle?  I prefer an invisible
hex when using the map even without a typ file.  Of course I can make
it invisible using a TYP editor but a hex that didn't have to edited
is of course better.  Is there such hex types? :)

Thanks!
--
cheers,
maning