logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search not working in nuvi 4-digit series

From maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com on Fri Jul 8 05:33:52 BST 2011

Dear Martin,

A new map using your args.list is below:

Links below:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/607635/osm-ph_gps_maps/dev/osmph_img_latest_dev.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/607635/osm-ph_gps_maps/dev/osmph_macroadtrip_latest_dev.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/607635/osm-ph_gps_maps/dev/osmph_winmapsource_latest_dev.exe

We are currently using mkgmap r1867 because of the issues with equally
named cities.  This only works on the 1867.

One of our mappers also sent me this message:
> From: Martin <mkmap at snailrun.de>:"I think --area-name=PHL is the solution"
> -----> not it
> (still 'no mapdata' on 'address search' of Nuvi1310 compiled on mkgmap
> r1867)
>
> if I compile (using same args.list on mkgmap-city-region-index-r1984.jar
> ---- the address search works on Nuvi1310,
> but with missing San Fernando's (only La Union & Bukidnon appear)
> this is the observed problem (subject: index & equally named cities) for the
> versions after mkgmap r1867
> the very reason we still use mkgmap r1867  ---- which runs on Nuvi255W and
> older models (but not on Nuvi1310)

Thanks!

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Martin <mkmap at snailrun.de> wrote:
> So...
> I've made a map using the following options:
> java -Xmx1500M -jar ./mkgmap-r1962/mkgmap-city-region-index-r1984.jar
> --latin1 --series-name=Philippines --family-name=Philippines
> --remove-short-arcs --index --net --route --tdbfile --nsis --merge-lines
> --location-autofill=0 --country-name=Philippines --country-abbr=PHL
> --area-name=PHL --family-id=4 --product-id=45
> --style-file=./master/basemap_style/ ./tiles_phi/*.osm.pbf basemap.TYP
> So now it works for me :)
> I think --area-name=PHL is the solution.
> When you made a new map I can test it for you.
> Cheers
> Martin
>
> Am 07.07.2011 um 11:08 schrieb maning sambale:
>
> Dear Martin,
>
> Links below:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/607635/osm-ph_gps_maps/dev/osmph_img_latest_dev.zip
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/607635/osm-ph_gps_maps/dev/osmph_macroadtrip_latest_dev.zip
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/607635/osm-ph_gps_maps/dev/osmph_winmapsource_latest_dev.exe
>
> Note that the gmapsupp download doesn't have the address search, you
> can use the roadtrip and mapsource installer.
>
> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Martin <mkmap at snailrun.de> wrote:
>
> Hey Maning, where can I download one of your maps. I have a 1390t and with
> this address search works.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Martin
>
> Am 07.07.2011 um 10:57 schrieb maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>:
>
> I'm not sure if this was reported but already.  We received reports
>
> from users that the address search is not working on newer 4-digt
>
> series of nuvi (1200, 1490t and 1310)
>
> The maps were loaded via mapsource.  Search works on other models.
>
> --
>
> cheers,
>
> maning

> wiki: http://esambale.wikispaces.com/