logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with highway=cycleway in default style

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Jul 6 14:31:08 BST 2011

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 02:52:59PM +0200, Ben Konrath wrote:
>>'access = yes' is definitely being and it seems to be a valid
>>tag/value pair according the wiki. I think it would be a good idea to
>>remove the 'access = yes' from the OSM data. Perhaps we could remove
>>this tag/value pair when mkgmap is reading in the data? That way all
>>of the ways will be "normalized" to mean 'access = yes' if no access
>>tag is present. And then we could keep 'add access = no' for the
>>cycleways which would give the correct behaviour.

With this scheme, we would still get the proper behaviour with cycleways
that have been tagged as access=destination (implying motor vehicle
routing).

>>I can see that my 'set access = no' with overwrite other types of
>>access like 'access = destination' so it's not a good way forward.
>>Thoughts?

Would something like this work at the top of the style file?

highway=* & access = yes { delete access }

I would prefer to do such tweaks in the style language, if possible. For
example, the --make-opposite-cycleways (or whatever it is called) would
be easier to understand and maintain if it made use of the
continue_with_actions that was introduced after the feature was
implemented.

It could be a good idea to treat motor_vehicle the same as motorcar and
motorcycle, and warn if there is a conflict (such as motorcar=yes,
motorcycle=no).

Best regards,

	Marko