logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem Displaying Polygons with Extended Type codes

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Mon Jul 4 09:53:22 BST 2011

On 04/07/2011 12:50, Bill Lancashire wrote:
> Charlie, thanks for your response.
>
> I have been doing a few controlled tests and I am now fairly sure that
> it is the GPSMap62s that will not display the 'extended' polygon codes.
>
> What I did was to compile a map using the 'default' style with r1979
> together with a very simple TYP defining only 'leisure=playground [0x24
> resolution 24]' (at draw level 7). This displayed correctly.
>
> Then I simply edited the 'polygons' file line to read
> 'leisure=playground [0x10103 resolution 24]' and suitably changed the
> TYP. In this case the polygon was NOT displayed. In both cases I used
> only the minimal arguments in the mkgmap compile command line.
>
> I will try to put a small GMAPSUPP.IMG online somewhere for others to
> confirm.
>
> Conversely, it would be good if I could test a build that someone else
> has made using an extended polygon code.
>
> Bill.

You can download a gmapsupp.img from
http://www.cferrero.net/maps/gcc_downloads.html
that includes lots of extended type polygons (land background,
archeological sites, woods, gardens etc).

You can get the TYP that is used here:
http://www.cferrero.net/maps/map_downloads.html

--
Charlie