logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem Displaying Polygons with Extended Type codes

From Bill Lancashire bill.lancashire at o2.co.uk on Mon Jul 4 09:50:09 BST 2011

Charlie, thanks for your response.

I have been doing a few controlled tests and I am now fairly sure that
it is the GPSMap62s that will not display the 'extended' polygon codes.

What I did was to compile a map using the 'default' style with r1979
together with a very simple TYP defining only 'leisure=playground [0x24
resolution 24]' (at draw level 7). This displayed correctly.

Then I simply edited the 'polygons' file line to read
'leisure=playground [0x10103 resolution 24]' and suitably changed the
TYP. In this case the polygon was NOT displayed. In both cases I used
only the minimal arguments in the mkgmap compile command line.

I will try to put a small GMAPSUPP.IMG online somewhere for others to
confirm.

Conversely, it would be good if I could test a build that someone else
has made using an extended polygon code.

Bill.