logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index with Arabic names

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Jun 21 14:45:33 BST 2011

Hi Hosam

> Searching at "Find Nearest Places" fails exactly as my first post. For
> example, if I want to search for any place contains the word
> مطار
> I should type
> أطار
>
> I think "Find Nearest Places" has noting to do with MDR file because
> when I remove MDR key from the registry, MapSource doesn't disable
> "Find Nearest Places". Is that right?

That is true, the index is not needed for Find Nearest.

Which means that the problem must be in the individual tiles.
If I create a single tile with only one POI with the name "مطار"
then as far as I can tell the same string is placed into the .img file,
I am not seeing the obvious corruption of letters that I could see in
the other case.

(I'm using the options --code-page=1256 --route --index --tdbfile)

Unfortunately I don't know enough to go further with this, without more
help about what might be wrong.

..Steve