logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Searching for postal_code & pbf-support

From Martin mkmap at snailrun.de on Sun Jun 19 08:34:18 BST 2011

Coming back to the postal codes. I made a short test with the NUVI from my girlfriend.
1. Searching with the Garmin-Map: You have the choice to search for City/Zip/City&Zip
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2194/115zv.png
In the results you see it this way:
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/4187/137phj.png
2. Using a mkgmap-map: You can search only for City
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9313/189g.png
And the results:
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/102/54133456.png

So searching for postal codes do not work. I know this is a problem with the index and not with the locator branch...

Cheers
Martin

Am 16.06.2011 um 21:09 schrieb WanMil:

>>> Yes. It is included since the first days of the locator branch. I have
>>> tested it today and it's working fine.
>>>
>>> Please check carefully that the latest osmpbf.jar and protobuf.jar are
>>> in the classpath.
>>>
>>> WanMil
>>>

>> How can I check this?! Isn't it included in the jar-file? I didn't compile it from trunk. I downloaded the following file:
>> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/snapshots/mkgmap-locator-r1965.jar
>> Don't forget, that it works with the "normal" versions.
>>
>> Martin
>>

> The jar files are not included in the locator branch.
>
> Download the trunk
> (http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/snapshots/mkgmap-r1962.zip), unzip the file
> and replace the mkgmap.jar with the download of the locator branch
> (http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/snapshots/mkgmap-locator-r1965.jar). It should
> work then.

Thanks, now it works ;)