logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index with Arabic names

From Hosam Arnous hariov at gmail.com on Sat Jun 18 21:17:21 BST 2011

Hi Steve,

> I have now made a lot of progress and have something that works as far as I
> can tell.
>
> I can now hit space, select one of the displayed names and it is found.

I've tried the patches against r1969 and compiled the jar by myself.
I confirm that the Arabic names are now findable in the "Find Places"
window, but they are still unfindable using the correct letters in the
"Find Nearest Places" window.

> Also I forgot to add to the previous email that I have a ready
> compiled jar at http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/30/mkgmap.jar

Using this jar doesn't produce the same result. When I hit space in
the "Find Places" window, Arabic names appear as questions marks.

Regards,
Hosam