logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Footways/cycleways and motorcars

From H Suomalainen harri.suomalainen at iki.fi on Fri Jun 17 18:24:47 BST 2011

On 06/17/2011 02:54 PM, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> An alternative form of tagging might be
> highway=residential,access=destination,foot=designated,bicycle=designated.
> I use that when there is a red/yellow traffic sign "motor vehicles not
> permitted" with an additional sign that allows traffic to destination.

I'd tag that motor_vehicle=destination. If you use more general
access=destination it is not exact, for example that prevents routing a
horse through there.

However, the point was originally not to talk about tagging but the
funny Garmin behaviour. If you use a non-routable line type you can
prevent garmin from routing on them or even thinking you might be on
them. If you need, you can use a TYP file to make the non-routable road
look like the normal routable one.
--
Harri