logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] basemap routing is used instead of the mkgmap derived map

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Jun 17 13:11:32 BST 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 06:59:09PM +0800, maning sambale wrote:
>Can anyone confirm this bug? https://github.com/maning/osmphgps/issues/20

I reported this several months ago. In my case, the problem was a
"routing island". The destination way was not connected to the rest of
the road network. (It was on a highway=pedestrian area; I fixed it by
adding a way through the area.)

If I renamed the gmapbmap.img so that Garmin would be unable to find it,
then it would say "routing error". The destination point happened to be
on a way in the Garmin basemap, that is apparently why it chose the
basemap. If I routed to the next POI (some 20 meters apart), it would
route just fine, using a way that was connected to the edge of the
pedestrian area.

I guess that Garmin picks the nearest way to the destination POI and
computes the route backwards from that. If the nearest way is a "routing
island", it will not work.

Does http://keepright.ipax.at cover the area? Does it report any
"routing islands" near the start or destination?

Best regards,

	Marko