logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] What's next?

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Jun 9 16:33:45 BST 2011

Hi Johan,

> Dear Wanmil
>
> 1. I would like to see it merged, you've done a great job on it
Thanks! It's fun.

> 2. bug 1: please add 'België - Belgique - Belgien' to LocatorConfig.xml
I'll do that. I have started to check names worldwide but I can do that
for europe next.

> 3. bug 2: it's impossible to get the Dutch city of Middelburg in the
> index. I did a test changing the boundary name to Middleburg which
> worked great. Somehow Middelburg is not working (up untill version 1961)

Hmmm, doesn't sound like that's a special problem of the locator branch.
I assume that this is more a problem of sort order in the index creation.
Can you give some more details?
* Send your areas.list from your splitter
* Which splitter parameters do you use?
* Which OSM dump do you use (geofabric europe?)
* Which mkgmap parameters do you use?

WanMil