logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] What's next?

From Henning Scholland osm at aighes.de on Mon Jun 6 19:54:13 BST 2011

Hi,
there are tools like o5mfilter or osmfilter. They should be faster, but
they can't write pbf, just o5m or osm-xml. The Format o5m is much better
for filtering data, but there isn't any tool, which converts o5m to pbf.
So maybe the the hole process wont be faster. Also o5m is faster then
pbf, if you would update your local file with change-sets. I know that
this isn't the task of locator-branch, but maybe reading o5m would be
one of the next things for bnd-generation and splitter. :-)

I will ask in german forum, how to use osmfilter for our filtering and
compare it to osmosis.

Henning